I do not take credit for this, but I do agree with it!
A working definition of “worship”:
Worship is communion with God in which believers, by grace, center their minds’ attention and their hearts’ affection on the Lord, humbly glorifying God in response to His greatness and His word.
1. Worship is communion with God. (Genesis 3:8-9, Revelation 22:1-3)
2. Worship is an enactment of faith. (Ephesians 2:4-10)
3. Worship is an appropriation of grace. (Exodus 33:18-23)
4. Worship is centering attention on God. (Romans 12:2)
5. Worship is expressing love to God. (Deuteronomy 6:5)
6. Worship is servant-ministry to God. (Romans 12:1)
7. Worship is glorifying God. (Philippians 2:10-11)
8. Worship is response to God. (Isaiah 6:1-8)